About:In May 2010 17 campaigners took direct action at Manchester Airport, opposing plans to destroy local homes in order to expand the World Freight Centre and temporarily shutting it down to stop some of the 5 million tonnes of annual carbon emissions. The legal system found the campaigners guilty of breaking the law, but this campaign continues to challenge airport's plans to become the 'Heathrow of the North' by 2050 and fight for recognition that the aviation industry are the real climate criminals.
- MAoT on 27th to 29th May – Manchester Airport – The Camp at the End of the Runway
- Aura Hazel on 27th to 29th May – Manchester Airport – The Camp at the End of the Runway
- manchester airport parking on Manchester Airport on Trial verdict to be annnounced TODAY!
- Sarah Clayton on Expert Reports now online
- Ian Baker on Expert Witness Reports
Monthly Archives: December 2010
Amanda Walters and Mark Haworth were found guilty this afternoon, but said that the campaign against the airport will continue. Today the court heard the defence case, that the expansion of the Airport would have significant impacts on local homes and … Continue reading
So by the end of day one, the nine defendants pleading guilty, unable to bear the cost of a trial, were sentenced at 1pm today. The court heard how the protest had been a ‘response to a flawed planning process’ … Continue reading
Huge show of support for defendants at Trafford Magistrates Court this morning for the first MAoT trial. Despite freezing temperatures people from all walks of life including Hasty Lane resident Pete Johnson came down to the courthouse with banners to … Continue reading