About:In May 2010 17 campaigners took direct action at Manchester Airport, opposing plans to destroy local homes in order to expand the World Freight Centre and temporarily shutting it down to stop some of the 5 million tonnes of annual carbon emissions. The legal system found the campaigners guilty of breaking the law, but this campaign continues to challenge airport's plans to become the 'Heathrow of the North' by 2050 and fight for recognition that the aviation industry are the real climate criminals.
- MAoT on 27th to 29th May – Manchester Airport – The Camp at the End of the Runway
- Aura Hazel on 27th to 29th May – Manchester Airport – The Camp at the End of the Runway
- manchester airport parking on Manchester Airport on Trial verdict to be annnounced TODAY!
- Sarah Clayton on Expert Reports now online
- Ian Baker on Expert Witness Reports
Monthly Archives: May 2011
Last weekend campaigners from across the north joined Manchester Climate Action and Manchester Airport on Trial to set up a temporary camp in the woods by Manchester Airport. The camp was attended by around 40 people over the weekend who … Continue reading
FRI 5.30pm Meet at Piccadilly Station 6.00pm Meet outside Manchester Central Library for Critical Mass (Cyclists) 7.00pm Depart Critical Mass for the camp 8.30pm Dinner and set up camp 9pm Introduction to the weekend, introductions and stories. Film showing Saturday … Continue reading